Shelton School District Vision 2017-2024
1. 100% graduation by 2022
2. 96% attendance in all schools by 2020.
3. Hire only the very best staff and provide appropriate professional development to retain high-quality staff in Shelton.
4. Continue thorough and comprehensive staff evaluations that ensure quality teaching and learning.
5. Expand teaching and learning beyond the classroom into the community and beyond.
6. Implement a comprehensive plan of instructional technology that permeates and integrates the entire PK-12 and beyond instructional program.
7. Re-allocate the budget and all resources to meet staff and student needs in the 21st century.
8. Ensure that safety and security remain a number one priority.
Reduce suspension rate to zero and reduce dropout rate to under 3%
9. Improve overall academic achievement for all students.