ATTENTION: Please click here to review the Shelton School District Hazard Mitigation Plan 2017.
Welcome to the Facilities Homepage!
Facility Care and Upgrades:
Maintenance Department Hard at Work.
Over the past several months, the district’s maintenance
department has been working on several projects — in addition to the daily upkeep duties — to maintain and, in some cases, upgrade the district’s facilities. Two major projects that were taken on this summer and early fall were the replacement of the roof at Oakland Bay Jr. High, and the continuation of work on the softball field located at Shelton High School.
The old tile roof and insulation was removed at Oakland Bay Junior High and replaced with a new composition-type roof and code-compliant insulation. The new roof is expected to last 25 years. Significant progress on the softball field was made by installing the infield dirt and the sprinkler system. Work continues on the backstop and dugout fencing; the player’s benches and the scoreboard are ready to be installed. The goal is to have the field ready for play this coming spring.
Some of the other projects completed over the past few months include the following:
- All roofs at Shelton High School were cleaned and treated.
- Rafter tails (beams that support and overhang roofs) and downspouts were repaired at Shelton High School.
- Cement walkways were installed at the horticulture site, located at Oakland Bay Jr. High.
- The overgrown rain garden, located at the front entrance to the Shelton High School campus, was
weeded and cleaned out.
- A new boiler was installed at Evergreen Elementary. The more efficient, cost-effective unit replaced the
ten-year-old boiler, which was cracking.
- Parking lots were re-striped at Evergreen Elementary, Bordeaux Elementary, and the Administrative
The District’s Maintenance Department—made up of a director and nine employees — is charged with maintaining and upgrading district facilities. District facilities include, in part, seven schools (with multiple buildings and
portables at each site), the transportation department, the maintenance facility, the administration office, acres of
playfields, playgrounds and parking lots, tennis courts, auditoriums, and the swimming pool and Minidome at
Shelton High School..