Welcome to Shelton School District where Graduation Matters

New Student Enrollment

Planning on Enrolling your child in the Shelton School District?
Here are a few things you should know:
  • Children MUST be five years old on or before August 31st to enter Kindergarten.
  • You will need a copy of your child’s birth certificate.
  • You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. Click here for more information: http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/348-295-SchoolImmReqforParents2015-2016.pdf
  • Your child’s LEGAL name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
  • You will need to either:
    • Go to your child’s school, pick up an enrollment packet, fill it out by hand, and take it back to the school with the required documents for processing and review
    • Fill out the enrollment application online and bring required documents to the school for review when asked.

Online New Student Enrollment
The Shelton School District can process new student enrollment via the Skyward Family Access System. Detailed instructions are available in the New Student Online Enrollment Instructions.pdf.  If you do not have a Shelton Skyward Family Access Account, you must first select the “Get Temporary Skyward Family Access Account” link below and follow the directions to sign up for a temporary account.  If you already have a Skyward Family Access account with the Shelton School District, please select “New Student Enrollment” and follow the directions to enroll your child as a student in our district.
If your student is a Kindergarten - 5th grade student, you need to know which elementary school boundary you reside in.  Please consult our Google Map that has the boundaries for each of our elementary schools.
Step 1: Determine what school your student must enroll in.
Step 2: Click the “Create Temporary Skyward Family Access Account” link and follow the instructions (parents who already have a Shelton Family Access account can skip this step).
Step 3: Click the “New Student Enrollment” link and follow the instructions to enroll your child.

Create temporary Skyward Family Access Account - for families new to Shelton School District New Student Enrollment - for parents with an existing or temporary Skyward Family Access account

NOTICE: During the enrollment process, you may have the opportunity to scan and attach the required documentation to the application.  If you do not see this option, do not have a scanner, or do not wish to attach the required documentation in this way, you may bring copies of these documents to your child’s school at the time you are given by the school secretary.  The following documentation is required to enroll a student:

Related Links & Required Forms/Documents
If you do not use Skyward Online Enrollment, you can print registration paperwork to complete and return to the school.  The links below will take you to printable copies of information packets for parents.
Elementary Enrollment FormsRegistration Packet for Middle Students Grades 6 & 7Registration Packet for Secondary Students Grades 8-12

Note:  Families that lack a stable living situation have certain rights or protections under the McKinney-Vento Act.  If you do not have a stable address, proof of residency, your child's birth certificate, and/or other documents normally required for enrollment, this will not be an obstacle in enrolling your child in school.  We can partner with you to make sure there are no educational barriers for your child, including help with online enrollment.  Please ask to speak to our district McKinney-Vento Coordinator if you need help (462-2237).